Thanks For Looking!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read the Musings of a Crazy Man blog. I welcome you to leave constructive comments...

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Confused

I am just as cynical as the next guy.  I doubt 99% of what is told to me unless I see hard fact to back up the story.  What I do not get is when people are shown in black and white hard researched facts, how they can still deny the truth.  I am not saying that everything printed is a fact...not by any stretch.  I am however saying that when 1,000 people all come to the very same conclusion based on the same information, that there just might be something true there.   It is easy today to create an opinion based on flawed information.  News outlets do it all the time.  In an effort to be first to report, they often do not completely do their due diligence and research.  It is apparently much easier to apologize for a mistaken report than it is to give correct information. 

This rant is not aimed at any one individual or group.  I am just irritated.  It is very upsetting when "everybody knows" something and that particular something is impossible.  I am not the smartest person in the world, but I do know how to research.  When someone presents me with a "fact" that I am in doubt of (if I even really care), I will look it up and check several different sources both proving and disproving the "fact".  I then make up my own mind as to whether to believe it or not.  If the "fact" is not really a fact but more of an universal opinion, I will correct the person offering the fact.  I will not demean or belittle anyone based on what they truly believe, but I will inform them that their wording should change from it is a "fact" to it is an "universal opinion". 

The art of understanding and learning is about taking things that are believed and challenging them.  Putting them to the test of truth and balancing opinion with hard fact.  I believe that anyone can learn about anything they choose to.  I also urge folks to fact check before accepting anything at face value.  Just because I say that it is an elephant, does not make it so.  Do your research, learn what makes an elephant and decide for yourself if the thing I present as an elephant is indeed an elephant.  I will do the same thing and together we can learn and share what we know.  This is how the world will grow together instead of growing apart. 

I accept your opinion.  It may or may not match mine, but I respect your view.  All I ask is for you to take that same mind set, and carry it forth.  Spread it around liberally and watch the peace and harmony bloom.  It is not rocket science...

No comments: