Thanks For Looking!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read the Musings of a Crazy Man blog. I welcome you to leave constructive comments...

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Love is love


Today there is an unprecedented amount of gay themed music out there.  Seems like every other day I am discovering yet another musician that I love…but there is one problem.  The overwhelming theme is that of covert trysts and secret longing.  Yes, this is a great time to be alive and gay…but is this really the message we want to sell, that to be gay means secretly longing for your best friend or meeting after dark so nobody sees? 

It is true that gay men sometimes fall in love with someone that will never return that affection.  It is also true that straight men will fall for a woman the same way.  Where I have a problem is that in the majority of cases, the woman, even if uninterested, will express thanks and be made to feel special.  The gay guy is more likely to end up beaten black and blue or yelled at and demeaned, at least, for expressing the same thing. 

I live for the day when my relationship does not carry the label, different or perverted.  I live for the time when I can walk hand in hand with the man I love and have no fear of being beaten.  One might think that we live in that world…that sexuality is what it is.  We do not yet exist in that world.  Sex and sexuality are still subjects that are taboo.  Humanity is making progress in that direction, but still has miles to go. 

I never understood the same but less theory of existing.  There are many instances of this in history, all met with equal failure.  That for a reason of biology I am less.  Be it skin color, disability, sexuality, gender, hair color, eye color…that someone is less of a person is ludicrous.  That my love for a man cannot create life, it is invalid…is just as ludicrous. 

Love is love. 

All love needs respect.

All people deserve the opportunity to love and to have that love returned. 

No comments: