Thanks For Looking!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to read the Musings of a Crazy Man blog. I welcome you to leave constructive comments...

Friday, March 25, 2016

Constitutional value


I am cruising along on a popular social media site and I am seeing a large influx of anti-freedom images.  More specifically, there are images of people standing on the flag, chanting in support of ignorance with regard to NC’s new trans-phobic law, and a certain group of lawmakers refusing to do their jobs.  One may question how these things related. They are all matters of Constitutional significance.

As for the images of a person (whether they are white, black, yellow, or red) standing on the flag, I do not support their decision to do that but I respect their right to do so.  The first amendment to the Constitution protects individual expression of their beliefs.  It does not say that it only protects those who are just and upstanding citizens, demonstrating their undying patriotism.  I am not agreeing that these people should be standing on the flag, but that I agree that it is their right to do so.  You can call me un-American if you like.  That is the beauty of living in the US.  You can have your opinion, no matter how skewed I feel it is, and it is ok.   

As for the NC trans-phobic law, I feel that it violates the 14th amendment by singling out a distinct set of individuals and setting them aside, opening them up for not only embarrassment for bringing to light that they pee just like you, but also for making them feel like they are violating their instinct.  I would like to see businesses making unisex restrooms in public places.  We as Americans have a difficult time letting go of our puritan roots.  This is the 21st century folks.  What are we going to do when ET visits...show them how we discriminate and segregate our population based on how they pee?  Sounds ridiculous does it not.  Yes, bathrooms have long been the fodder of sexual predators.  In my own experience, I have seen my share of public restroom sex.  Changing the gender of the participants will not likely do anything to increase or decrease this activity.  Honestly, these people just want to pee in a comfortable environment.

As for the lawmakers, where do I begin?  I guess I begin with regard to the latest obstructionism…Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution provides that the president "shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ... judges of the Supreme Court."  The president has done his part.  The Senate needs to do their job and hear the nomination and either confirm or deny the nomination.  By refusing to hear the nomination, they are blatantly shredding the Constitution by conveniently discarding 250 years of precedent and obstructing the president as it has the entire last 7 years.  The job of the senate is to make laws.  The job of the Supreme Court is to interpret those laws.  Nearly every challenge brought against the policies of the president resulted in a constitutionally sound verdict.  You people lost.  Let it go already. 

The US Constitution is the single greatest document ever created in the history of the world.  It is the basis of the establishment of freedom for the United States and all of its parts.  The many amendments account for the changing views of the populace, and even having been re-amended to remove certain amendments.  The flexibility of the document is its greatest strength. 

All of these items are just my opinion based on the information I have available to me today.  By no means am I being disrespectful to any group or organization. 

No comments: